Certified Orthodontist in Coral Springs – Braces & Orthodontics
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends an initial orthodontic evaluation at the first sign of orthodontic problems, or no later than seven years of age.
If you have noticed that your child’s teeth seem crowded or misaligned, ask your dentist for a referral to an orthodontist.
At this young age, immediate orthodontic treatment may not be vital. However, close examination can determine the best time to begin orthodontic treatment.
It is never too early or late to have a complimentary consultation. If you think there might be a problem, make an appointment with one of our orthodontist in coral springs.
Reasons for a Check-Up
It isn’t always clear for parents to determine if their child requires an orthodontic solution. There are however, a few signs or habits, which may indicate a need for a check-up, no matter the age:
- Losing baby teeth at too early or late a time
- Difficult when biting or chewing
- Breathing through the mouth
- Sucking on one’s finger
- Sucking on one’s thumb
- Jaws that shift or make noises
- Misplaced, crowded or blocked out teeth
- Teeth that do not meet or meet abnormally
- Jaw and teeth out of proportion to the rest of the face
- Biting of the roof of the mouth or the cheeks
If you are concerned that your child or teen may have any of the above symptoms, contact your dentist or orthodontist in coral springs to determine the best next steps.
Six Month Smiles®
Six Month Smiles® is a short term orthodontic treatment that is a new twist to the modern tried-and-true orthodontics treatment. There is little debate within the orthodontic community that braces are the most widely used nad most effective method to give patients straight, healthy teeth and a beatiful smile. Six Months Smiles has taken the best aspects of braces and modified the treatment and the material to give adults a common-sense, cosmetic solution that fits your lifestyle. Here is what makes Six Months Smiles so innovative:
- Average treatment of only 6 months
- Six Months Smiles Lucid-Lok® clear brackets and tooth-colored wires are barely visible
- Use of braces has shown to provide the most conservative and predictable final result
- Six Month SMiles Patient Tray Kits™ ensure that your appointments are fast and comfortable
- Low forces and short overall orthodontic treatment times increase comfort, safety and hygiene
- Six Month Smiles is typically less expensive than traditional braces, aligner therapy, or veneers
Read more about braces & orthodontics at MouthHealthy.org.