A TEAM APPROACH TO A BEAUTIFUL SMILE
Dr. Sandra L. Angel – Graduated UF Dental School
- Latest Technologies and Training
- Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry
Dr. Maikel Segui
- Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Specializes in Bone Reconstruction for Implants
- Part-Time UF Local Clinic Faculty
Dr. Maikel Segui, Board Certified Oral MaxillofacialSurgeon Dr. Maikel Segui graduated with honors from Florida International University obtaining Bachelors in Science in Biology. He obtained his Doctor in Dental Surgery at University of Maryland Dental School. After obtaining his D.D.S., Dr. Segui completed a General Practice Residency program at the Miami V.A. enriching his general dentist knowledge.
Dr. Segui then completed the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery training at Jackson Hospital, University of Miami. He practices full scope Oral Surgery with special interest in orthognatic surgery and bone reconstructions for implants, and dental alveolar surgery. . He is also a part-time faculty at University ofFlorida Hialeah Dental Clinic where he enjoys teaching the resident surgical procedures. In the free times he volunteers and practices as a surgeon at a mission clinical center in Delray Beach.
Why Choose an Oral Surgeon
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons are specially trained to correct a wide spectrum of diseases, injuries and defects in the head, neck, face, jaws and the hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial region. It is an internationally recognized surgical specialty. In the US (and many other countries) it is one of the nine specialties of dentistry.
Complications that might arise during oral surgery performed by a regular dentist are most often avoided when using Dr. Segui whose wide expertise in the field makes him the preferable choice. As a specialist in oral and maxillofacial surgery, Dr. Segui performs a wide range of surgical procedures in both adults and children including EXTRACTION OF TEETH, BONE GRAFTING & DENTAL IMPLANTS.
Wisdom Teeth Extractions
- Wisdom teeth are third molars that usually appear between the ages of 16 and 25 at the back of the mouth.
- Wisdom teeth can grow unnoticed until they start to cause issues in the mouth.
- They are commonly extracted when they affect other teeth – this is known as “impacted wisdom teeth”.
- Wisdom teeth are extracted either because they have already become impacted or because they are potentially problematic.
- The extraction of wisdom teeth can be a troublesome procedure.
For any oral surgical procedures please contact us to schedule a free consultation.